HoloCap Studio is a software tool for capturing volumetric video files (more commonly known as “Holograms”) in real-time using a Kinect V2 depth sensor. We call these files “HoloCaps”, and a HoloCap file may contain several dynamic 3D meshes, textures and audio-data. HoloCap recordings can be imported and played in Unity by using the HoloCap Player plugin. This plugin is currently a Windows 64 bit plugin only, however, plugins for other systems (i.e. mobile VR/AR) are being developed. The system is designed for simplicity; No special background (i.e green-screen), advanced lightning or calibration is required. The holograms are instantly viewable in VR and no postproduction is necessary. The assets captured with HoloCap Studio can be imported into Unity. With this, HoloCap represents one of the easiest and most affordable tools for volumetric video content creation.
- Volumetric video capture of people
- Hologram sound capture
- Hologram editing of the captured sequences directly within the Unity Editor
- Compatible with HTC Vivie and Oculus Rift
- Capture compatible with Kinect V2 (with PC adaptor)
- Compatible with Unity 2018
- Low latency 30Hz capture rate while maintaining 90Hz framerate in VR
- Sensor height and orientation is automatically detected
- Hardware needed: Kinect V2 sensor with PC adaptor, VR ready PC, tripod, HoloCap Studio software
Note: The licence key will be sent out within 24 hours after your purchase.