HoloCap Studio is a software tool for capturing volumetric video files (more commonly known as “Holograms”) in real-time using a Kinect V2 depth sensor. We call these files “HoloCaps”, and a HoloCap file may contain several dynamic 3D meshes, textures and audio-data. HoloCap recordings can be imported and played in Unity by using the HoloCap Player plugin. This plugin is currently a Windows 64 bit plugin only, however, plugins for other systems (i.e. mobile VR/AR) are being developed. The system is designed for simplicity; No special background (i.e green-screen), advanced lightning or calibration is required. The holograms are instantly viewable in VR and no postproduction is necessary. The assets captured with HoloCap Studio can be imported into Unity.
- Volumetric video capture of people
- Hologram sound capture
- Hologram editing of the captured sequences directly within the Unity Editor
- Compatible with PC/Win10 VR/AR.
- Capture compatible with Kinect V2 (with PC adaptor)
- Compatible with Unity 2018
- Low latency 30Hz capture rate while maintaining 90Hz framerate in VR
- Sensor height and orientation is automatically detected
- Hardware needed: Kinect V2 sensor with PC adaptor, VR ready PC, tripod, HoloCap Studio software
Note: Upon purchase, the license key will be sent out within 24 hours.